problem posting invoices

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue May 15 20:35:14 EDT 2007

At Tue, 15 May 2007 17:49:33 -0400 jim ruxton <cinetron at passport.ca> wrote:

> > > [jim at localhost ~]$ locale
> > > LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> > > LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
> > > LC_ALL=
> > >
> > > Does this help?
> > > Jim
> >
> > Yes, it tells me your computer is in the US locale, not a CA locale.
> > Notice the "en_US"?  Change that to "en_CA" and everything will be
> > fine.
> >
> > -derek
> Thanks Maf. and Derek,
> I'll try to figure out how to set my locale. When I look at the KDE
> control panel it says it is set to Canada but the command locale says
> something different. I'll try and figure out how to set it via the
> command line.

You may need to logout and log back in.  Environment variables don't
propagate to existing processes.

*Exactly* which distro are you running?

RedHat distros (eg Fedora Core <mumble>, RHEL 3/4/5, WBL 3/4, CentOS
3/4/5) store the system-wide local in  /etc/sysconfig/i18n:

gollum.deepsoft.com% cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

Changing this file (as root, using a plain text editor) will change the
locale for your whole system, as opposed to one user (you).  Again,
you'll need to logout and log in again (fresh new processes).

> Jim

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk