missing data from bank account

Theo van Riet Paap theovrp at gmail.com
Thu May 17 17:49:25 EDT 2007

On Thu May 17 2007 21:47:02 Derek Atkins wrote:
> Theo van Riet Paap <theovrp at gmail.com> writes:
> >> Okay, I just wanted to make sure that you were using an Account Register
> >> and not the General Ledger.   If you go to View -> Filter By  in the
> >> register window, what's selected?
> >
> > View->Filter By >>>selected is <show all> or alternatively <from 1-1-05
> > to 31-12-05> . Not any change visible. Under the status tab all entries
> > are checked.
>
> Huh?   On View -> Filter By     I see two notebook pages, "Date" and
> "Status" I don't see anything labeled "Selected".   On the Date page there
> are two options:  Show All or Select Range.   I have "Show All" selected.

Iḿ using a Dutch language version. Thinks we do the same.
On view->filter by   I see 2 tabs (a) Date and (b)Status
On the Date page are the two options Show All and Select range. I have tried
Show All and also the Select range set from 1-1-05 to 31-12-05. (no visible
change)
In the second page (Status) all options were checked.

> >> That's not what I was asking.  Try Edit -> Find from the main menu.
> >
> > With ´Edit->Find´ (main menu) all transactions can be made visible, even
> > those that were previously invisible. Back to the ´checking account´ and
> > we have the same problem again.

> > Extra: Some of the transactions that have made visible in Edit-> find
> > seem to be corrupted.  Eg weekly transaction overviews are splitted in
> > two half week overviews. I ll perform analysis and let you know
>
> What do you mean by this?  Could you grab a screenshot and show the
> "corrupted" transactions?  I think you're probably just confused by
> the Find Transactions view where it always shows transactions in
> expanded mode.

I have to apologize here.  I made a misinterpretation. No corrupted files !
Confusing was due to the fact that I selected on number while same bankslip
numbers were given in different bank accounts.  Sorry for this.

Remains the initial error of not showing a whole year in the checking account.