ACCOUNTING practice question

Arthur Dyck arthur at avefoodcoop.ca
Sun May 20 17:24:51 EDT 2007

You are correct in your accounting.  If you are using projects, you
would allocate the debit to a Jazz Music Purchase project, andd then
allocate subsequent credits to the same project.  You could keep track
of credits and debits on a project report.  When your credits equal
debits, it's time to stop spending money for jazz music.  All the money
is stored in one account, but you are using the account for different
purposes, so you don't have to move it around.  You just have to keep
track of it.

The other thing you can do if you want to keep using gc, is to record
your projects on a separate spreadsheet in the same way.  If you're not
running a lot of different projects, that might be the simplest.  But
it's hard to keep track of within gc itself.  Of course, I might be
wrong, too, and someone else might have some better ideas.

Arthur