Cost of good tracking, lots, tigers, and bears, oh my!

Max Hyre max at hyre.net
Mon May 28 19:35:31 EDT 2007

Josh Sled wrote:
> It sounds like you want a report. I'd recommend using some convention for the
> description of the transactions that ties them all together.

   Yes, each auction has a unique ID.  It would be straightforward to
have that in the transaction description.

> Writing a custom report is non-trivial but quite possible.
> See <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports>.

   Looks helpful.  I've written some code for my emacs, and I understand
that Scheme is within hailing distance of elisp.

> Lots are more about [...] the 100
> shares of stock bought 2 years ago [...] vs. the 50 shares bought yesterday

  I see.  I had thought they were more general than that.

  Thanks much for your help---you've pointed me in a direction I should
be able to handle, with some reading.  If I can get a report working,
I'll try to munge it into something general enough to be useful for
others.

--
	    Best wishes,

	    	 Max Hyre