recovery

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 4 18:26:02 EST 2007

"Fred Bone" <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com> writes:

> On 2 Nov 2007 at 9:34, Derek Atkins said:
>
>> Michael Vrable <vrable at cs.hmc.edu> writes:
>>
>> >      SELECT * from Split where Split.amount_num * 3 = Split.amount_denom
>> >      * 1;
>>
>> What size integers will it use internally?  Will it deal with a 64-bit
>> number multiplied by a 64-bit number?
>
> That would have to be one of the criteria in deciding which database
> system to use. You'd have to look in the documentation to find out. The
> standard doesn't specify such things.

Maybe..  Or maybe we need to change how we store a gnc_numeric.
SQLite is one of the target systems, unless you can show another
system that provides a single-file database with a SQL interface.
BerkeleyDB certainly doesn't count, and embedded MySQL doesn't
store all database tables in a single file.