recovery

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 5 09:52:04 EST 2007

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

>> That would have to be one of the criteria in deciding which database
>> system to use. You'd have to look in the documentation to find out. The
>> standard doesn't specify such things.
>
> Maybe..  Or maybe we need to change how we store a gnc_numeric.
> SQLite is one of the target systems, unless you can show another
> system that provides a single-file database with a SQL interface.
> BerkeleyDB certainly doesn't count, and embedded MySQL doesn't
> store all database tables in a single file.

OR..  (responding to myself)..  We could follow the instructions at
http://osdir.com/ml/db.sqlite.general/2003-09/msg00162.html and use
sqlite_create_function(), sqlite_create_aggregate(), and the various
sqlite_set_result_xxx() functions which "really do allow you to handle this
type of application without too much difficulty."

But then I don't know if we can completely use GDA...  I don't know.
Maybe we can use GDA but append to the SQLite bit a little when we
know we're using SQLite?