Settling an account

Karl Grant karlgrant06 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:55:32 EST 2007

Two quick questions:
How can I record / reconcile a single lodgment to an account that is made up
of many different payments from different customers. I know it's easy enough
when it's just one customer, i.e. record a payment and the splits are made
automatically in the Assets:Accounts Receivable. However, processing
payments from different customers end up as different transactions in the
current account, but they need to be reconciled against one lodgment. I
think I need a way to change or move these transactions into splits.

Secondly, how can I settle an account. I.e. a customer has paid the majority
of an invoice, neglecting the cents and I want to consider this settled.

Thanks in advance for your help

--
Karl