Refine current search

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 7 09:46:41 EST 2007

Quoting Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash at numerixtechnology.de>:

> On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 07:33:07 -0500
> Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash at numerixtechnology.de>:
>>
>> > How can you refine an existing search?
>> >
>> > After the initial search, I get a search results tab. When I
>> > "Edit->Find" again, the "New Search" radio button is selected and
>> > all other options are deactivated.
>>
>> What are you searching for?  Unfortunately there's no way to refine a
>> search for transactions.
>

> What is the "Refine current search" button for then? I have never seen
> it activated.

Sorry, I should have gone on more... This function only doesn't work for
transactions.  It works just fine when you search for business objects.
E.g., from Business -> Customer -> Find Customer after your first search
it will activate the "Refine Current Search".  The bug (and yes, this
is a bug) is that from the transaction search results a "Find" doesn't
apply the last search results...  So it doesn't activate the functionality.