Refine current search

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz gnucash at numerixtechnology.de
Wed Nov 7 09:51:37 EST 2007

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:46:41 -0500
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Quoting Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <gnucash at numerixtechnology.de>:
>
> > On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 07:33:07 -0500
> > Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> >> What are you searching for?  Unfortunately there's no way to
> >> refine a search for transactions.
> >

> > What is the "Refine current search" button for then? I have never
> > seen it activated.
>
> Sorry, I should have gone on more... This function only doesn't work
> for transactions.  It works just fine when you search for business
> objects. E.g., from Business -> Customer -> Find Customer after your

Thanks for clarifying.

I am not so bothered about a refine search facility but I occasionally
put together complex searches, find that this is not quite what I was
looking for, and want to modify the search. As this isn't possible, I
have to start all over again as one can't go back to a previous search.

As far as I can see there is also no way to save a search, or is there?

TES