Invoice Customizatoin

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 11 16:08:50 EST 2007

Quoting red at pixelearth.net:

> Hi List,
>
> It seems that when creating invoices if I don't want certain columns to
> appear in the invoice, or add custome text underneath the invoice, I
> have to deselect and/or type them manually EVERY TIME I create an
> invoice. Is that right. I've spent 2 hours now with the "new style"
> feature, and also trying to hand-tweak the source files for styles with
> no luck. Am I missing something?

Every time you click on the Print button or run Reports -> Business ->
Printable Invoice (or any other Invoice) report, it starts with the default
settings.  If you make a bunch of changes using the report options, you
have two choices to save those settings:

1) Leave the report tab open.  When you create a new invoice then just
   go to the open report tab, click on "options", and then select the
   new invoice.

2) Save the report as a custom report, and then instead of using the Print
   button you run Reports -> Custom -> My Custom Invoice.  Then as #1 go
   into the Options and select the invoice you want to display/print.

> My next step, failing a viable internal feature, is to export invoices
> to HTML, and create a custom proper CSS file that attempts to make the
> invoice more printable - step I want to avoid for obvious reasons.

This is another option, but probably a lot of work as the report itself
doesn't use CSS because GtkHTML doesn't support CSS.