Printing backward

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:12:21 EST 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 6:18 PM, Ken G. <ken.g at insightbb.com> wrote:
> Hi:  I reinstalled PDFCreator and was able to save the pdf file.  I am
> attaching it.  Not only it is backward but upside-down!

It sure looks like a non-GnuCash printing problem.  I didn't have any
problem printing the same report from my system using the CUPS
PDF printer.  But indeed, your PDF looks and prints as you stated.
A couple of questions:

1. Can you create PDFs from other applications?
2. Linux?  If yes distribution, version, Gnome/KDE? etc.
3. How are your printers installed? CUPS?
4. Your document was created with PDFCreator Version 0.9.3, what is it?
5. Have you tried to install the CUPS pdf printer?  If installed via the
browser interface the "PDF Producer" would be something like "ESP
Ghostscript 815.04".  Your "PDF Producer" is "GPL Ghostscript 8.54"
That can be found in document properties in Adobe.

Consider:
1. Changing your font from BitstreamVeraSerif to DejaVuSerif.  I have
had some problems with Bitstream on occasion.
2. Installing the CUPS PDF printer

-rich