Printing backward

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Tue Nov 20 12:13:19 EST 2007

On 19 Nov 2007 at 20:37, Mike said:

> On Mon, November 19, 2007 8:12 pm, Richard Mancusi wrote:
> > On Nov 19, 2007 6:18 PM, Ken G. <ken.g at insightbb.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi:  I reinstalled PDFCreator and was able to save the pdf file.  I am
> >> attaching it.  Not only it is backward but upside-down!
> >>

> > It sure looks like a non-GnuCash printing problem.  I didn't have any
> > problem printing the same report from my system using the CUPS PDF
> > printer. But indeed, your PDF looks and prints as you stated. A couple
> > of questions:
> >

> > 1. Can you create PDFs from other applications?
>
> FWIW, I am running GnuCash 2.2.1 on XP/SP2, and all my reports print
> backwards and upside-down... I *must* use Report > Export to .html

I am also running 2.2.1 on XPPro-SP2. If I print straight to the printer,
I get the individual characters inverted. This is *not* "backwards and
upside-down"; it is, however, the way the text shows up in the PDF
attached by the OP.

However, if I choose "Generic Postscript", print to file using this and
view in Ghostscript (using GSView), it looks fine. Similarly if I choose
"Create a PDF document".

I suspect that the problem lies in how the fonts are transmitted to the
printer, but it will take me some time to work through testing this
suspicion. Either way, though, I don't think it's a GNucash problem -
unless Gnucash it supplying its own printing subsystem.