Gnucash Segmentation Fault

Charles Gagnon charlesg at unixrealm.com
Thu Nov 22 22:31:49 EST 2007

This is worst than I thought... I cannot run gnucash anywhere now, it
Seg faults right away.

I assume something got corrupted somewhere but I have no idea what and
I'm starting to freak out.

I tried in gdb but I cannot get a backtrace.

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gnucash-bin
[New Thread -1208957232 (LWP 22234)]
BFD: BFD 2.17.50 20060514 internal error, aborting at
../../bfd/elfcode.h line 191 in bfd_elf32_swap_symbol_in

BFD: Please report this bug.

The bug buddy report I sent before was simply because the environment
was set wrong. I had tried gnucash-bin instead of gnucash. I tried:

   gnucash

and

   gnucash-env gnucash-bin

And I get the same result:

[charlesg at agena ~]$ gnucash-env gnucash-bin
Segmentation fault
[charlesg at agena ~]$ echo $?
139
[charlesg at agena ~]$

HELP!

--
Charles Gagnon                   | My views are my views and they
http://unixrealm.com             | do not represent those of anybody