Mixed Personal and Business accounts

Beth Leonard beth at oasis.slimy.com
Mon Nov 26 00:06:10 EST 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 02:55:12PM +0000, Karl Grant wrote:
> However, now I'm stuck on a technical point, is there anyway I can link two
> separate files! For example, I've recorded a transaction in the Business
> accounts which I need to mirror in my personal accounts (this is the reason
> I had the two sets of account in the one file to start with!)

There's no automated way to do so.  From time to time I start two copies
of GnuCash and manually compare the transactions in the Equity:Draw
account with the personal side of things.  I use the 'c/y/n' in the
reconciled column to clear transactions I've manually checked so that
I don't check the same ones the next time.  The other account to check
on the personal side is that any Expenses:Business Expenses made it
into your business books.

--Beth
Beth Leonard
http://www.LeonardFamilyVideos.com