Can't Parse

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Nov 27 05:33:20 EST 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, JUNIPER wrote:
> Trying going "to a backup file and then move it OUTSIDE
> your ~/.gnucash tree and then File -> Open it" resulted in the same problem
> as before, but just on chance I tried something else and it worked fine.
> Instead of trying to open GC via a data file or via the desktop icon, I
> went to "Applications" and "Office" and tried it from there. It not only
> opened immediately, but with the latest data.
>
> "All's well that ends well!"
>
> Steve J

I could only guess that there was a save to the *right* place which has saved
your bacon.

Does the FAQ say "Before upgrading, make a backup of your precious data" ?
As someone who "lost'" 7 months of data in a hard drive crash I know this all
too well. Re-entering data is very painful and that nearly happened to you
here.

Liz