Moving data file from Ubuntu Linux to Windows XP

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Nov 28 23:17:19 EST 2007

"Bill Michal" <portabill at bak.rr.com> writes:
> I'm just curious if I will have any problems if I move my data file that is
> currently on Ubuntu to my Windows XP machine and run gnuCash on Windows XP.
> I'm tearing up my dev Linux machine too often.

No...

> Second question, is it safe to go back and forth?  Open it one time on Linux
> and the next on Windows?

So long as it's the same major version, there should be no problem.

There're two 2.2 -> 2.0 issues that are present regardless of operating
system: the Root account insertion issue and complete backwards
incompatibility of scheduled transactions.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}