website for user-contributed scheme files?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Oct 1 08:27:47 EDT 2007

At Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:57:55 +1000 Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws at hotkey.net.au> wrote:

> Derek, you once said in a reply to somebody else that scheme could be learned
> in a day.  I suppose that learning curves are individual, but is there an
> online resource that would help?  Scheme doesn't exactly have the same
> exposure as (say) python.

sed 's/scheme/LISP/g' -- Scheme is a somewhat updated incarnation of
LISP.  There is a little book called 'The Little Lisper'.  I don't know
if it is still in print.  If you can get this book, you should get it an
read (?) it.

LISP / Scheme has no real syntax (in the sense of infix languages
like C or Java).  It is a stack-based prefix language, where everything
is a list: a group of elements (atoms or lists) enclosed in
parenthisises. The first element of the list is a command (if the list
is in fact code).

There is a collection of scheme code included in the gnucash
distribution (under /usr/share/gnucash/ on my CentOS 4.5 (aka RHEL 4)
system).  This would probably be the first place to look for example
gnucash scheme code.

> Doug.
>
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:31:11 am Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Quoting Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>:
> > >
> > > No, there's not.  If someone were to contribute a new report, we'd
> > > probably just include it in the next release.
> >
> > I guess, technically, there IS a website!
> > http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/reports/standard-repo
> >rts/ and
> > http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/business/business-rep
> >orts/
> >
> > :-D
> > :
> > > ...jsled
> >
> > -derek

Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk