website for user-contributed scheme files?

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 1 19:08:56 EDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 08:44:13AM +0100, Maf. King wrote:
> On Sunday 30 Sep 2007, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> > Derek, you once said in a reply to somebody else that scheme could be
> > learned in a day.  I suppose that learning curves are individual, but is
> > there an online resource that would help?  Scheme doesn't exactly have the
> > same exposure as (say) python.
> >
> > Doug.
> >

> Hi Doug,
>
> When I asked this, Derek shggested I try a google for MIT scheme.

I agree with Derek. BUt a slightly deeper answer:

http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/sicp.html seems to be the most
comprehensive introduction, but
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html will have
you coding in fixnum days. IIRC, the second got me going faster, but
the first is *the* textbook.