Paid the bill - but still open on GC start-up

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 2 09:39:39 EDT 2007

Andrew Greig <algreig at bigpond.net.au> writes:

>> Umm.. Have you at some point perhaps overpaid a bill?  Or maybe
>> unposted and then reposted a bill?  This appears to be the standard
>> "gnucash thinks you have already partially paid this bill" problem.
>>Derek
>
> Hi Derek,
> Interestingly I had the reminder on the screen as well as the invoice
> until I paid the Bill. Now I only have the bill.

Umm..  Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me.  What do you mean
by you "have the reminder on the screen as well as the invoice"?
What invoice?

> There is nothing in the Orphan account, and the only thing in the
> Adjustment account is a 10 cent credit for another Vendor.

That's not what I was asking.  Prepayment has nothing to do with
Orphan accounts or Adjustment accounts.  And you didn't answer
the questions I asked:

* did you overpay a bill?

* did you unpost and then repost a bill?

This behavior sounds like the classic result of this operation.
Look in your A/P account for "Automatic" transactions; it might
be causing problems.  And there was a bug at one point with
this code in A/P accounts.

> Maybe when I move to 2.3 it will go away.

2.3?  wow!  Have you got some time machine?

> It is not a big deal, but it seems to be getting in the way of the
> change of Invoice.scm to the file that Bryan has been working on.

I don't see how they are connected.