Blank Graphs in Gnucash 2.2.1/Mac OSX

Rudye McGlothlin Rudye at LiquidOx.com
Wed Oct 10 10:53:40 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

First off, great job on the new version of Gnucash.  It has been a
staple application for me for a long time and now it feels really
polished.  Everyone's hard work is much appreciated.

I just this last week upgraded to 2.2.1 .  I had been running 2.0.99?
for a long time, but, after a while, it seemed like that version was
getting steadily less stable.  I looked at my options for upgrading,
and I think I did it in the most inefficient way possible.
Originally, I had installed Gnucash and dependencies through Fink.
For 2.0, I compiled manually.  This time, I installed using
Macports.  Basically, I installed each dependency and then Gnucash.
So I have two of most everything it seems, and I'm not sure how to
clear that up.  Also, I flagged the installation not to install the
online extensions: HBCI, quotes, etc...

That's not the problem, though.

Now, I have Gnucash 2.2.1 installed and everything seems to be
working fine except for the graphs.  They are blank.  When I try to
get a graphed report, the Net Worth Bargraph for instance, I get a
funky, unreadable blue/red outline of the scale, title, numbers,
legend, etc... and no bars.   I tried exporting the graph to HTML to
see if there was data that just wasn't being displayed.  The file was
created, but was just a bunch of empty table elements.  I've tried
changing colors in the options, but nothing is affected by that that
I can tell.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas how to get the graphing
functions to work?

Thanks!

Regards,
Rudye