Byuing fonds: amount not credited to checking account

helge.schild at web.de helge.schild at web.de
Mon Oct 22 08:05:30 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am using GnuCash 2.2.1 on windows and have a problem when I enter
purchase of funds. In the fond account everything works fine. I enter
the amount of shares I bought and the total price. GnuCash calculates
the right rate. But in the checking account which I have chosen when I
entered the transaction in the funds account the transaction is
appearing though but with en empty field in the selling (credit) column.
So no money is deducted from that account.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I setup my accounts wrong maybe?

Helge

p.s. If you read this question already yesterday, sorry for this! I clicked
reply instead of starting a new message from scratch which I have done now.