Import/Export selected subset of transactions?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Sep 2 22:20:40 EDT 2007

Bryan Andersen <bryan at bogonomicon.com> writes:
> I've been looking for documentation on how to import and export a
> selected subset of transactions.  I need this so I can enter transaction
> on a computer at the farm, then import them into the main accounting
> system at home.  I don't have the ability to have the farm computer
> access the computer at home so I can't share a DB.

There is no bulk transaction selection.

There is no export functionality.

There is no gnucash-specific import (only QIF, OFX, HBCI, ...).

GnuCash does not use a database, as such.

An option would be to...

1/ Use File > Export > Export Accounts on your home GnuCash to create an
empty account tree.

2/ Enter transactions against that account tree on the farm.

3/ Use 'gnucash to qif' [1]  to convert the farm data file's transactions into
a format importable at home.

Depending on the scenario, you could also just copy the home data file to a
usb thumb drive or Internet-accessible network location for use on the farm,
then copy the farm-updated data file back for subsequent use at home.

[1] http://gnucashtoqif.sourceforge.net/

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}