budget report questions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Sep 13 09:18:12 EDT 2007

Mike or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com> writes:
> That looks useful for those working under a 'nix OS where a LISP
> environment as well as language sensitive editor will almost certainly
> be available.
>
> But this does not answer the question for "under Windows".
> Unfortunatley, for my purposes, my willingness to run a 'nix isn't the
> question as I cannot recommend an app that CAN'T be run under Windows.
> Possibly could specify "custom reports will be written by developer
> using a 'nix" but will still need to know where to put these to be
> licked up/run under Windows.

Most of the information in <http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports> is
platform independent.  There's basically two paths that will be different:
that of the report dir (that contains hello-world.scm), and the windows
analog of ~/.gnucash/config.user.  If one is interested and capable of
writing reports, I'd imagine ey would be capable of extrapolating from that
document.

But, if you could just update the wiki page to include the Windows paths,
that'd be even better.  Thanks in advance.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}