GnuCash - Loading Pre-downloaded Transactions

J S singhj at iprimus.com.au
Sat Sep 15 07:56:07 EDT 2007

Derek

Again Thanks .. now what do you mean if there are any QIF accounts in QIF
Files!!!

The local Banking Institutions only puts in a '!Type:Bank' as the first
record in a QIF file, when we or I unload from the Bank's web site; for
example:

!Type:Bank

D28/08/07

T90.00

PLOAN PAYMENT

^

D14/08/07

T90.00

PLOAN PAYMENT

^

D13/08/07

T0.00

PRate Change

^

Let us say for the above QIF file I have a Liability account called XYZ-Loan
(type=Bank) with an opening balance of $10000.00.  If I now try to load it
there is approx 70% failure rate. In fact I tried it just now & GnuCash just
'fails' to pick up the QIF file and I end up with a balnk druid 'Match QIF
account . as per attachment GnuCash-import-4 sent in last email!!

If you suggesting the above QIF file to have XYZ-Loan somewhere in the
record then let me know.  I can edit the file & place it but I am not sure
of the QIF file record layout.  That is, should it be !Type:Bank:Liability
or similar??

All the QIF files I have are formatted as above and I have been able load a
few of them but not all.  It is just weird.

I hope this explains my dilemma.