Problems Running Report for Previous Year

Carlos Astrada carlosastrada at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:54:34 EDT 2007

All,
   I am familiar with accounting concepts, and I do know that the balance
sheet is a snapshat for a certain date. However, under options the date can
be changed, and I figured it would show data for a previous date, which it
did,  just not exactly what I expected.

   The mystery has been solved (Thanks, Michael, for the tip!). The issue is
that I closed all accounts at the end of the last accounting period and
therefore GnuCash was showing a $0.00 balance. By changing the end date for
the range to a day before close, I was able to generate the report with the
data I needed.

   Thanks for your help on this one.

    --Carlos