MT940

erik erik.kars at home.nl
Tue Sep 18 16:26:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

Perhaps a question that has been raised before, but just for my (best)
understanding:

I read in the tutorial and concepts guide that MT940 file import is now
supported from release 2.0 onwards. Some internet sites mention that
this is included in hbci now and indeed when downloading the source and
reading the configure options it mentions --enable-mt940 obsolete.
Nevertheless some sites mention that a compilation from scratch is
required to enable it. Can anyone tell me how I can import mt940 files?
I installed the 2.0 release from fedora repository, but I don't see an
import menu option.  The files I have already downloaded from my bank
(ABN in the Netherlands). Do I need to compile from source? How would I
setup comms. with ABN?

Best regards,

Erik