need to import customer list from gnucash installation on different machine

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 24 09:53:59 EDT 2007

openmissoula <mjewell at openmissoula.org> writes:

> I'm not able to find the answer to this problem in the documentation.
> Please help.
>
> I'm using gnucash in a small law office in Montana.  I am setting up the
> accounts.  My staff entered our clients into a gnucash installation on
> an ubuntu 7.04 box in the copy room.  I entered the other account
> information into an ubuntu 7.04 box on a different machine.
>
> Is it possible to import only the client information from the gnucash
> file on one machine to the other machine without overwriting any of the
> other data.

You could cut-and-paste the customer data from one data file
into the other by hand-editing the XML.  Note that this isn't
"supported" so make sure you backup your data files first.
Unfortunately there is no way to "merge" data files through the
application.