installation on mac osx 10.4.10

Mark Rosenthal mgtr at thewarren.vispa.com
Thu Sep 20 05:12:07 EDT 2007

Hi

After I had completed the session yesterday gnucash loaded andd I was
able to load up data from my server, all seemed well. Today I have
tried to run gnucash and I get the splash screen but then it hangs at
the 'loading data...' screen.

I have noticed that the shell environment variables are not being set
by my ~/.profile but there is neither a ~/.bash_login or a
~/.bash_profile in my home directory. Even if I set the PATH
environment manually to:

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH

and check that it is working I still get gnucash hanging at the same
point. I have tried renaming the .gnucash file to .gnucash_old to see
if it was some setting that was screwing up the loading but I just
get the same result.

Any ideas?

Mark