installation on mac osx 10.4.10

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Sep 20 09:08:29 EDT 2007

On Thursday 20 Sep 2007, Mark Rosenthal wrote:

Hi Mark,

I seem to remember a couple of weeks back, someone posted similar symptoms on
the list, and the problem was that the splash screen was hiding the "Couldn't
lock datafile" warning dialog.

I can't remember if anything better was proposed, but have a look in your
datafile's directory for a .LCK file, and delete it if it is there.

HTH,
Maf.

> Hi
>
> After I had completed the session yesterday gnucash loaded andd I was
> able to load up data from my server, all seemed well. Today I have
> tried to run gnucash and I get the splash screen but then it hangs at
> the 'loading data...' screen.
>
> I have noticed that the shell environment variables are not being set
> by my ~/.profile but there is neither a ~/.bash_login or a
> ~/.bash_profile in my home directory. Even if I set the PATH
> environment manually to:
>
> export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
>
> and check that it is working I still get gnucash hanging at the same
> point. I have tried renaming the .gnucash file to .gnucash_old to see
> if it was some setting that was screwing up the loading but I just
> get the same result.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mark

Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542