possible to see into the future with scheduled transactions

linuxmaillists at charter.net linuxmaillists at charter.net
Thu Sep 20 20:28:33 EDT 2007

On Thursday 20 September 2007 17:08:59 Alan Hartless wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has a convenient way that they "see
> into the future" concerning scheduled transactions and where the
> account balance will be after that transaction occurs?
>
> MS Money would show the account balance after a bill occurred.  I
> want to do something similar in GnuCash.  That way I can look
> through to the end of the month and see an estimate of the
> account balance after all my scheduled bills/deposits have been
> made.

What are you trying to do?

I use scheduled transactions and have them entered 90 days in
advance. The only way I know how to get them to appear is close and
reopen the file. Then the software writes them to the registry.

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination with Gnucash. I
only use it as a simple checkbook. I also just figured out how to
use the scheduled transactions.