possible to see into the future with scheduled transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 20 20:32:51 EDT 2007

Quoting linuxmaillists at charter.net:

> On Thursday 20 September 2007 17:08:59 Alan Hartless wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone has a convenient way that they "see
>> into the future" concerning scheduled transactions and where the
>> account balance will be after that transaction occurs?
>>
>> MS Money would show the account balance after a bill occurred.  I
>> want to do something similar in GnuCash.  That way I can look
>> through to the end of the month and see an estimate of the
>> account balance after all my scheduled bills/deposits have been
>> made.

I suggest you just set your SXs to post early.  I have mine set up
to post 15-20 days early, based upon what it is.  Unfortunately none
of the reports take SXes into account so there's no way to look forward
to unposted SXes.

> What are you trying to do?
>
> I use scheduled transactions and have them entered 90 days in
> advance. The only way I know how to get them to appear is close and
> reopen the file. Then the software writes them to the registry.

No need to do that.  Just use:
  Actions -> Schedules Transactions -> Since Last Run