Question on buying new shares (confused)

Angela seasonalplume at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:39:52 EDT 2007

On 9/27/07, Hale Boyes, Kevin <Kevin.HaleBoyes at encana.com> wrote:

> I was never able to fix up anything after I'd saved.  I always had to
> delete the transaction/trade
> and re-enter it again to get it correct.

I see. I guess I will leave it for now, until I get things to work manually
or when the bug is fixed.

> If I would do this manually, what would I have to do? Transfer, say,
> $5000 to what account? Or will that make things worse
> > later on? I'm toying with the idea of temporarily transferring funds
> to a dummy asset account and using the dummy asset
> > account for the stocks so that at least I know the correct amount in
> my bank account -- but would this bring on more
> > problems than I know?
>
> I don't think a dummy account will help.  The problem comes from GnuCash
> not being able to determine
> the currency to use for the split/transaction so it ends up using a
> default currency.  You can set
> the default currency by setting the LC_MONETARY environment variable
> before running GC.
>
> Again, I don't know how to do this in Windows but what I showed above is
> how I run the GnuCash
> program on my Linux box from the command line.

Thanks, Kevin. I've been trying to mess around with my computer's
environment variables but it's either I'm not using the right values or I'm
not setting it correctly.

xx A

--
Angela Sabas, web enthusiast and writer