Moving from JGNASH to GNUCASH (Windows)

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:21:12 EDT 2007

On 9/23/07, zig zag <zigzag.gnucash at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I hope I am on-topic here.
>
>   Would you know of any utility I could use to migrate my jgnash transactions/accounts into the Windows version of gnucash ?
>
>   I am OK with both products but I would like to keep everything under one roof.
>
>   I have some 2k transactions to move across

Hi -- I was curious about your question. I checked the web site at
http://jgnash.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page and jgnash does
sound like a very interesting experiment. UNFORTUNATELY I saw no
mention of a way to EXPORT data from jgnash.

If you learn that jgnash CAN export data in some standardized format
(such as QIF), then you MIGHT be able to import it to GnuCash with
some level of effort. Write back if you learn that it can export data,
and someone here may be able to talk you through a conversion process.

P.S.: I was amused that the jgnash wiki pointed to the Wikipedia entry
about double-entry accounting --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-entry_accounting -- which at this
moment includes external links to TWO sources about ... gnuCash!