Extra content added to printed invoices

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 28 19:33:17 EDT 2007

Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> writes:

> At Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:56:19 -0400 Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>

>> Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> writes:
>>
>> > How different is the scheme API between 2.0 and 2.2?  I too am still
>> > using 2.0 and am not likely to upgrade to 2.2 for a while.  I'll
>>
>> Every 'wrapped' api changed name.  Now the scheme function name
>> is the same as the C function name...  E.g., gncInvoiceGetId instead
>> of gnc:invoice-get-id.
>
> OK, so something like a sed edit script would be mostly suffient to 'up
> date' from a 2.0 to a 2.2 scheme file?

Probably.

Sure!  http://cvs.gnucash.org/docs/HEAD/

> Also: is there any special magic to get the system to recognise
> additional new reports or is just dropping the file in the proper
> directory suffiencent?

You need to get it loaded.  You can do that either in
$HOME/.gnucash/config.user or by modifying the standard-reports.scm
or business-reports.scm to load your report too.

>> > probably end up hacking a customized scheme file for invoices (and
>> > probably also for 'customer statements' as well).
>>
>> In what way is the Customer Report not sufficient?
>
> Just want it to say "Statement of Account" rather then "Customer Report ..."
> -- the intent to to create something that makes sense to mail to
> customers as opposed to an 'in-house' document.  Maybe also to change
> some details of the report to make it more 'printer friendly', like with
> the invoice ids instead of links to the invoices.

Making the title an option (or just changing the inline title) should
be fine..  I think it would be "better" if you worked with the current
report and added options to it instead of writing a new report.
Code-reuse is a GOOD THING.  :-D