Extent reports with diagrams by tables

Joachim Herb Joachim.Herb at gmx.de
Wed Apr 2 13:42:26 EDT 2008

Hello Derek,

thank you for your answer.

Derek Atkins schrieb:
>> I would like to extend reports which contain only a diagram by a table. The table should contain the
>> values (and dates) used in the diagram.
>
> I know this has been discussed before so you should peruse the
> list archives.
Unfortunately I didn't find anything. Could you give some hints?

>> The table should contain the dates and the "hight" of the bars. How can this be done for the total
>> hight of a bar, how for the individual parts when using the option "stacked bars"?
>
> Are you trying to change the graph to include numbers?  Or do you
> want to have a table that follows the graph (e.g. under it)?  The
> former would be pretty difficult.  The latter would be much easier.
> The latter would almost be the combination of the graph report with
> a table report, and indeed you might even be better off just creating
> a MultiColumn report where one entry has the graph and the other entry
> is a table-based report..  And just set the timeframe settings the
> same.
I would like to have the table following the graph. Actually I wouldn't mind if there is only the
table in the new report.

The problem is I haven't found an example in the reports supplied with gnucash which seem related to
my ideas. Also I have very little experience with scheme.

Is there something like a report API (application programing interface) for gnucash. Is there any
description for it?

Thanks again for any help.
Joachim