Gnucash 2.2.4 windows xp home edition

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:38:43 EDT 2008

You should make your other columns wider first then try to shrink your
description column.

The description column is setup to grow so that 100% of the window is used
if any of the other columns are made smaller. This means that you can not
shrink the description column first - it will just re-grow so that 100% of
the window is used, just as you are noticing.

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:29 AM, pre installed <fiona.moore29 at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> I cannot find out how to alter the column widths in account registers e.g
> so
> as to give less room to "description" and more to the detail of the
> transaction. In trying to alter the column widths the credit ,debit and
> balance columns have all  overlapped.
>
> Can anyone please tell me the, what I have no doubt will be an all too
> obvious but at the moment completely baffling, answer.!!!!
>
> Many thanks

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there" - Will Rogers