Unable to install Finance::Quote

Steven Ross ccssb at rap.midco.net
Thu Aug 7 19:51:57 EDT 2008

I'm a newbie trying to set up Finance::quote for financial quote in
GnuCash on an ibook running OS X 10.4.11 powerPC.
I'm trying to follow the instructions in the GnuCash Tutorial and
Concepts Guide.

When I put "perldoc Finance::Quote" in terminal I get documentation.

When I try to run the gnc-fq-update program I get this:

Welcome to Darwin!
macs-ibook-g4:~ mac$ cd /sw/bin
macs-ibook-g4:/sw/bin mac$ sudo gnc-fq-update
Password:
Information about 8146 packages read in 7 seconds.
No packages to install.
macs-ibook-g4:/sw/bin mac$

Then if I run gnc-fq-dump I get:

macs-ibook-g4:/sw/bin mac$ sudo gnc-fq-dump
Password:
/sw/bin/gnc-fq-dump cannot find all the Perl modules needed to run.
You need to install the following Perl modules:
   Finance::Quote
   LWP
   HTML::TableExtract
   Crypt::SSLeay
   Date::Manip
Use your system's package manager to install them,
or run 'gnc-fq-update' as root.

Obviously, I’m screwing up something, but I don’t have the knowledge
to know what.
Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Steve Ross