Format of files for import.

Paddy Walker yarelea at paston.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 03:04:39 EDT 2008

I have for a number of years kept my business accounts on QuickBooks run
under vmware. I wish to try Gnucash and if successful dispense with the
virtual machine. Currently I am using Ubunti 8.04 and QuickBooks 2006.
	I have been working my way through the new user tutorial. Under the
section dealing with importing files from other programs, it mentions
the capability to import files from QuickBooks. I am not aware of any
facility within QuickBooks for saving data in *.qif format. There is a
facility for exporting lists in *.iif format. What formats can be
imported into Gnucash ? Is it possible for example to imort a *.qbb
file ?
Paddy.