Can Not Install Version 2.2.6

Edward Baker skatewv at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 12:40:02 EDT 2008

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your interest and very quick response.  After posting my
earlier message I found a very detailed set of instructions at
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Debian.  I followed the instructions which
follow the header Alternatively build a different version of Gnucash
directly from source.  The package appeares to have been successfully
installed.

My next challenge was how to launch the application.  Using the file
browser I located the files under the following
path:  /opt/gnucash-2.2.6.  I tried launching the application by using
gnucash-bin but I get an error message after the splash screen for
gnucash is displayed.  Interestingly I can launch the application if I
use gnucash which is a shell script (it also launches a terminal window
which I just ignore).  Both of these files are located
in /opt/gnucash-2.2.6/bin.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

r/

Ted Baker