virtual account?

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 20:15:14 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 11:58 AM, carpetnailz
<carpetnailz at researchintegration.org> wrote:
> I've got some income from source A. It goes into my regular checking
> acct, B. But I want to keep a separate record C of where A gets spent,
> so that when I write a check on B to buy D it also shows as a deduction
> from the special account C and shows the balance in C as well as in A.
>
> Can I set up some kind of virtual account to do this?

You can create a sub-account in your checking account B to keep track
of amounts separately. You can either enter the amounts directly into
the sub-account or create "virtual" transfers to get the funds in.

When you begin reconciling your checking account, be sure to select
the checkbox that includes the sub-accounts so that the reconcile
process "sees" the amounts in the subaccount and your balance agrees
with the Bank Account B.