All transactions from QIF import listed as unspecified ... me too

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 14:20:17 EDT 2008

A small UI point: I find the account selector in the importer to be MUCH more annoying than changing an UNSPECIFIED entry in the register. This is due to the fact that the importer has no ability to use the keyboard to drill down quickly (e.g. "ex:ba:tr" can take me to "Expenses:Bank Fees:Transaction Fees"). I have to carefully click the little triangle next to each heading (careful now! don't double click!) from the top of the hierarchy each time to select. Ugh.

IIRC, there is no indication in the import window that the categories are clickable. At least that's how I remember it in Mac OS X. That can be confusing as well.

David