Invoice Issue

warlord at MIT.EDU warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 22 01:53:16 EDT 2008

Quoting Vikas Garud <vikas at techqual.com>:

> Thanks for the tip.  Currencies is the issue.  My currencies for all accounts
> are set to INR.  My Locale is set to GB and customer currency defaults to GB.
> Somehow, I had missed setting it to INR while setting up this customer.  Once
> it is changed, I can create new invoice and it does show up in A/R account.
>
> How can I get the old invoice to show up?  Or do I need to cancel the old
> invoice and raise a new one?  What may be messed up if I set same invoice
> number to new invoice - after un-posting the old one?

Once you've corrected the Customer's setting, you should open
the invoice via Business -> Customer -> Find Invoice.  Then UNPOST.
Then click on the Edit toolbar button.  That will pop up an Edit Invoice
dialog.  From there you can Select the Customer.  Go through the selection
screens and re-select the Customer.  That will update the Invoice
Currency.  Then you can click "OK"... And then you can Re-POST the
invoice.  That should correct it.