Report amounts are text, not numbers

satjat iason at pkon.gr
Fri Aug 22 06:58:42 EDT 2008

I am trying to export data from GnuCash to a usable format, say Excel.
I only really need the transaction journal, maybe with some filters.
I have a report exactly the way I want it but I have two major problems:
1. The amounts listed are recognized as text by Excel so it is pretty much
unusable
2. Apart from being in text mode, the amounts are also hyperlinks to the
transactions. That is not so serious but it would be nice if it could be
solved since clicking tries to open a non existing file and pops up an
error.
Thank you all in advance