Account columns other than Total do not total subaccounts?

Gerard Brunick gbrunick.1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 19:42:03 EDT 2008

It seems that when I add the "Present" column to the main account view,
the total next to an account does not include the entries from its
subaccounts?  Changing the accounting period under Preferences only
seems to affect the "Grand Total" at the bottom of the window.  Is this
the intended behavior?  Can I change some setting to force gnucash to
total up subaccounts in the main window for all columns?

Thanks,
Gerard