how to PERMANENTLY modify a report ?

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Sun Aug 31 20:27:36 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 09:25:26AM +0200, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Can anyone point me int he right direction please ?
>
> I use two reports mostly
>
> A) Income statement
>
> this one I run but every time I have to change the options especially
> interesting to me is the starting date of the analisys which by default is
> start of year while for me it should mostly be "start of month"
>
> how do I save this choice ?

go into the report options make *all* the changes you want to the
report. Then, in the options, select "General" and change the "Report
Name" to something meaningful. Click ok. The "Add Report" button on
the toolbar will become activated, click that and the report will be
saved, using the name you selected. it will appear in the "Custom"
report menu the next time you launch gnucash.

> B) the budget report
>
> is it possible to chnage this one having it show only the current month and
> possibly omitting the rows that have 0 value ?

this one sounds like you'll need to edit the report directly. It's
written in scheme using gnucash api calls. I'm not familiar with the
budget system at all, so that's all I got there.