Installing help on MacOSX - can't resolve dependency?

Kaia Landon kaia.landon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:50:10 EST 2008

Hello again,

David --  thanks so much for your tips.  I had tried running it from the
terminal window, but hadn't tried all the things you mentioned.
I got closer (it actually starts installing), but still no ultimate
success.  I tried removing, and then reinstalling Fink, as I think it seems
likely that that is where the issue is.
Then I started the install again, and things seemed to be going okay.  I
woke up this morning to this:

sed: /usr/X11/lib/libfontconfig.la: No such file or directory
### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.1.UYuad9 failed, exit code 1
Removing runtime build-lock...
Removing build-lock package...
/sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-fontconfig2-dev-2.4.1-104
(Reading database ... 4599 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing fink-buildlock-fontconfig2-dev-2.4.1-104 ...
Failed: phase installing: fontconfig2-dev-2.4.1-104 failed

Before reporting any errors, please run "fink selfupdate" and
try again {tried with same result}.  If you continue to have issues, please
check to see if the
FAQ on fink's website solves the problem {addresses other issues with
fontconfig, but not this one}.

I also tried running "fink install fontconfig2-dev," which ultimately gives
me the same error.

Thanks again,
Kaia