auto rounding off

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Tue Dec 9 15:27:12 EST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008, Adam Funk wrote:
> I can't really answer for Hungary, but I have seen similar situations
> elsewhere.  In France in 1990, the smallest coin in circulation was
> FRF0.05, but bank accounts were resolved to FRF0.01, and it was
> possible to write cheques and make card transactions at that level.
>
> Catchweight items in the supermarket often came out to prices that
> weren't multiples of 5 centimes; if you were paying cash, the cashier
> would round to the nearest 5 when making change.

identical situation here in Au in 2008.

--
They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom for trying to change the
system from within.  I'm coming now I'm coming to reward them.  First

I'm guided by a signal in the heavens.  I'm guided by this birthmark on
my skin.  I'm guided by the beauty of our weapons.  First we take Manhattan,
then we take Berlin.

I'd really like to live beside you, baby.  I love your body and your spirit
and your clothes.  But you see that line there moving through the station?
I told you I told you I told you I was one of those.
	-- Leonard Cohen, "First We Take Manhattan"