where to enter source for double entry

Girard Aquino girardaquino at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 14:12:42 EST 2008

Hi. I am trying to pay off a debt we have with one of our family
members. being an insurance agent, we bought a life insurance from him,
and he was kind enough to credit 500 from his commission into our debt
(not sure if i said that correctly - i mean he took off 500 from his
commission and considered it payment from us for our debt). since
gnucash always looks for a source for the money you transfer between
accounts, where should I enter this amount as coming from? thank you.