Managing dates for each transaction : date of record in the register, date of reconciliation, date of bank record in register, date of bank value

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:27:29 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Raphaël Maville <rafmav at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Well, it seems that gnucash already holds three dates:
> Post date
> Entered date
> Reconcile date
>
> If it have been possible to use the reconcile date else...
> I mean, without writing in the date of use of the reconcile window (that
> is what it is now), but for the date of bank value: to me, there is more
> sense to write in my book when the bank knows the transactions, instead
> of when I have opened (and used) the reconcile window.

I don't use the feature much, but I have noticed that when I download
transactions from the bank, the next time I go to the reconcile
window, the items that had already cleared the bank are already
checked. Is it possible that those transactions use the date the bank
cleared the transactions, or do they use the date the importer
processed the downloaded transaction file?