Error installing gnucash2.2.8 on Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Intel)

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 21 18:52:02 EST 2008

On Dec 21, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Brian Levy wrote:

> I'm in no way a power user or even versed in OS X.  I've got 10.5.6
> loaded on
> an iBook and just recently found out about Fink and the terminal.
> Shame
> Apple does not publish information about the underlying system.
>

> I went through the udates and new sync and index, etc. and then
> installed
> version 1.8.12 no problem and started a new company.
>
> Fink is interesting and I think I'll keep playing with it.  With
> some luck
> maybe at some point I'll try to mount one of the version 2s.

Wow. I wish I knew how you got 1.8.12 to work reliably. Sometimes it
does, and sometimes it doesn't. Are you using an Intel Mac?

The real reason I'd like to know is to find out whether I ought to
kill the 1.8.12 version in fink completely. It is three years out-of-
date, and you can no longer move back and forth between the 1.8 and
2.2.x versions without wrestling with the data file. (You can go once
pretty easily from 1.8 to 2.2, but going back to 1.8 with a 2.2
modified data file is so much work, it isn't worth it.)

In fink these days, you want to 'fink install gnucash2' to get the
currently active version.

Dave